2017 SUMMER SCHEDULE
July 24th, July 31st, August 7th, August 14th
*2018 Summer Information available February 2018*
2017 Description: Adventure Riding Camp is designed for your eager bike rider that loves to ride. We guide campers on adventures that include dirt jumps, up-hill challenges, down-hill challenges, awesome playgrounds, etc. We also enjoy some off-bike play: soccer, frisbee, water-fights, and more! This camp will instruct your child how to ride more safely and be prepared. Adventure Riding Camp riders cruise local off-road bike trails, but also learn effective cycling skills to navigate the downtown Walnut Creek area and local neighborhoods on the street. We’ll go over how to use hand signals, fix a flat tire and other basic repairs, choose safe routes around town, and more! Each week of ARC offers an out-of-town field trip to San Francisco, while every day at ARC is basically a field trip to somewhere. We’re always on the go, exploring, learning, and having fun. ARC is for Intermediate riders and above, age 8 and above. For a learn-to-ride camp check out Two Wheelers Club, and for a slower paced bike riding day camp check out Camp Cruisin’.
- 8:30 to 9:00: Arrival and check-in.
- 9:00 to 9:30: Bike and helmet check; review the day’s activities.
- 9:30: BikeCircus, ride to a nearby destination, enrichment program, or first leg of full-day ride. On Mondays we review the Club Rules for safe riding and good camp behavior. Snack stop in late morning.
- 12:00 to 1:15: Lunch – likely at a local park.
Afternoon The afternoon may feature another ride to a nearby destination, a continuation of the morning’s ride or activities, or a series of short rides where we practice various riding skills. On Fridays we make sure we have plenty of time for a bike clean-up to wrap up the week.
- 3:30: Return to Seven Hills School
- 4:00: Pick-up
- 4:00 – 5:30: Extended Hours. Activities may include: Heather Farms Playgroud, short rides, riding skills development, games, or working on bikes.
Local bike rides will include:
- Heather Farms park to explore the trails and practice some advanced skills!
- Riding to Danville’s Hap MacGee Ranch park, stopping at our favorite dirt jumps along the way!
- Exploring the Shell Ridge Open Space and Castle Rock Park.
- The Walnut Creek Frisbee Golf course to play a round of Frisbee Golf!
- Each week will vary, but throughout the summer we’ll have visitors coming by to talk to us about their expertise. Bike police, members of bike teams, bike mechanics, etc.
Thursday Field Trip:
Our weekly field trip will be held on Thursdays and will consist of a BART ride into beautiful San Francisco! We’ll load at the Pleasant Hill BART station and ride into the Embarcadero Station. We’ll have the opportunity to ride along the waterfront and the group will choose their destination. Based on the group’s skill level, coaches might suggest a ride to Golden Gate Park, the Upper Fort Mason area, sightseeing at Pier 39 and the Fisherman Wharf area, OR we can head south and slide down the Coke bottle at AT&T Park and check out the awesome houseboats in the China Basin area. If the kids are into it, we’re good friends with the Firefighters at Station 4 (the coolest Fire Department in the City) we can always stop by and check out the rigs. Perhaps a stop at the Ferry Building to enjoy some samples of good food from local farmers! If you’d like, we will allow your child to bring $5 for them to purchase some fruit at the farmers market to be eaten with lunch or play vintage video games at the Musée Mécanique.
|Adventure Riding Camp||Extended Hours|
|Early Bird Price: $399 (Register before 3/1)
Full week: $450
|Full week: $45
Single day: $10/day
- Register for 2 or more weeks (weeks need not be consecutive): 10% discount
- Sibling enrolled during the same week: 10% discount.
- Limited reduced price registration / financial assistance may be available. Please contact us for details.
Transfers & Changes
Changing weeks after you’ve registered is possible if space is available. Changing to a week that’s full will result in your name being placed on the wait list in the order it was received – if space does not open in this case, no refund or credit will be provided. After July 1, changes to open weeks will be assessed a transfer fee of $40, payable before transfer is confirmed.
Friends & Siblings
We will try to accommodate friends or siblings who wish to ride together. However, for safety’s sake we need to make sure everyone is riding in the best group for their ability or that more advanced riders know that they won’t be riding to their full potential if they want to stay with a friend or sibling who’s a less skilled rider. If you’re registering along with a friend for the same week(s) and wish to ride together, please let us know.
If your desired week(s) fills prior to your registration please proceed with the ActivityHero registration process; once you’ve filled in the information you’ll be added to the wait list. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We don’t know if openings will become available. However, if a space opens we will begin contacting wait list families immediately, in order of registration. If you decline or respond after 24 hours of notification you will be removed from the wait list for that particular week.
Enrollment & Attendance
We ask that every effort be made to have your child attend on the first day of the week when we review rules, get acquainted, and assess the skill level of all our riders.
We cannot make exceptions to our age limits.