2017 SUMMER SCHEDULE
July 24th & July 31st
*2018 Summer information available February 2018*
Description: Two Wheelers Club is for kids 4 through 7 who want to learn to ride, improve on their fundamentals, or gain the confidence and stamina needed for Camp Cruisin’. The emphasis of TWC is obtaining the balance and coordination needed to ride on two wheels, and to master the fundamentals of starting, stopping, and controlled forward movement. It’s also an opportunity for young riders to gain confidence in their riding skills before tackling the more challenging rides of Camp Cruisin’. This camp is for novice and beginner riders only.
Hours are 12:00pm to 4:00 daily, afternoon extended hours available from 4:00 to 5:30. Each day of the week provides a mix of on-bike training and practice and off-bike opportunities to play and forget about learning to ride for a while. The day’s schedule is flexible, allowing the kids and coaches to figure out what’s best at any given time – some groups of kids are eager to ride as much as possible while others are more comfortable with a more relaxed pace.
The framework for a typical day is:
- 12:00: Arrival and check-in.
- 12:15: Circle time – “ice breaker” games to make sure everyone’s comfortable and ready to get started.
- 12:30: Each day’s bicycling activities begin with a bike and helmet check. The rest of the afternoon is spent in 30 to 45 minute skills training sessions, with snack, restroom and play breaks between each session.
- 2:00 – 2:30: Snacktime and free play.
- 2:30 – 3:30: More skills practice or perhaps a walk to the playground. It’ll be up to the kids, we don’t like to push them too hard, and fun is our priority!
- 3:30 – 4:00: Story and play time. Each day ends with a quiet period devoted to reading a bike-themed story with the group and discussing what was learned during the day. The remaining time is devoted to free play until pick-up.
- 4:00: Pick-up.
- 4:00 – 5:30: Extended Hours. This is an opportunity to practice riding skills, play games, read, or work on bikes with the coaches.
Once kids have successfully completed Two Wheelers Club they may continue their bicycling adventures by attending Camp Cruisin’ (CC). Please note that children age 5-7 may continue to ride with Two Wheelers or move up to Camp Cruisin’ where they can hone their riding skills. When registering children age 5 to 7 in Two Wheelers, you may also register for later CC weeks; however, Wheel Kids reserves the right to hold a child in Two Wheelers Club if his/her skills are not sufficient for CC activities. Children age 4 are only eligible for our Two-Wheeler program. If you combine two or more weeks of Two Wheelers, and CC the multi-week registration discount will be applied. Please contact us if you have questions about the potential for your child to move up to CC.
Two Wheelers Club is for children age 4 through 7. For older children still needing to learn or refine their basic riding skills, please contact us about Private Lessons. We find it’s easier for older kids to learn with their peers rather than with the younger riders of Two Wheelers Club.
|Two Wheelers Club||Extended Hours|
|Full week: $290||Full week: $45
Single day: $10/day
Discounts & Financial Aid
- Register for 2 or more weeks (weeks need not be consecutive): 10% discount
- Sibling enrolled during the same week: 10% discount.
- Limited reduced price registration / financial assistance may be available. Please contact us for details.
Click here for our refund policy.
Transfers & Changes
Changing weeks after you’ve registered is possible if space is available. Changing to a week that’s full will result in your name being placed on the wait list in the order it was received – if space does not open in this case, no refund or credit will be provided. After July 1, changes to open weeks will be assessed a transfer fee of $40, payable before transfer is confirmed.
Friends & Siblings
We will try to accommodate friends or siblings who wish to ride together. However, for safety’s sake we need to make sure everyone is riding in the best group for their ability or that more advanced riders know that they won’t be riding to their full potential if they want to stay with a friend or sibling who’s a less skilled rider. If you’re registering along with a friend for the same week(s) and wish to ride together, please let us know.
If your desired week(s) fills prior to your registration please proceed with the ActivityHero registration process; once you’ve filled in the information you’ll be added to the wait list. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If a space becomes available we will contact you to inquire if you’re still interested in registering. If you decline or respond after 48 hours of notification you will be removed from the wait list for that particular week.
Enrollment & Attendance
We ask that every effort be made to have your child attend on the first day of the week when we review rules, get acquainted, and assess the skill level of all our riders.
We cannot make exceptions to our age limits.
* Schedule and events are subject to change. Minimum registration of 8 participants per week is required. Registered participants will be notified of cancellation due to insufficient registrations; a full refund will be provided. See Refunds page for refund policy for all other circumstances. A waitlist will be available once registration is full.