2017 SUMMER SCHEDULE
July 24th, July 31st, August 7th, August 14th
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION – $399
register before 3/1
*NEW LOCATION WITH BIKE STORAGE!*
Camp Cruisin’ is designed for the young rider that might not be up for a long bike ride or hitting the dirt jumps, but loves to ride in circles over and over and over again! This camp will allow your young rider to cruise along at their own pace, and will stick to off-street bike trails. Campers will work on their bike handling skills: riding in a straight line, riding in a group, riding with one hand, riding standing up, and riding slowly. They’ll take it easy and cruise along to playgrounds, museums, maybe the library – wherever their bikes take them. This camp is perfect for the Advanced Beginner cyclist, ages 6-9. For our Learn-to-Ride Program, please check out Two Wheelers Club, and for a more advanced bike riding experience (ages 8+) check out Adventure Riding Camp.
- 8:30 to 9:00: Arrival and check-in.
- 9:00 to 9:30: Bike and helmet check; review the day’s activities.
- 9:30: BikeCircus to work on skills: riding in a straight line, turning, and mastering group riding. On Mondays we review the Club Rules for safe riding and good camp behavior. Snack stop in late morning.
- 12:00 to 1:15: Lunch – likely at a local park.
Afternoon The afternoon may feature another ride to a nearby destination, a continuation of the morning’s ride or activities, or a series of short rides where we practice various riding skills. On Fridays we make sure we have plenty of time for a bike clean-up to wrap up the week.
- 3:30: Return to Seven Hills School
- 4:00: Pick-up
- 4:00 – 5:30: Extended Hours. Activities may include: Heather Farms Playgroud, short rides, riding skills development, games, or working on bikes.
Local attractions will include:
- Heather Farms park to play on the awesome playground!
- The Walnut Creek Frisbee Golf course to play a round of Frisbee Golf!
- On Wednesdays we will visit the Lindsay Wildlife Museum for a hands on learning experience about some of the critters we might see out on the trail; turtles, gopher snakes, tarantulas, oh my!
- Each week will vary, but throughout the summer we’ll have visitors coming by to talk to us about their expertise. Bike police, members of bike teams, bike mechanics, etc.
Thursday Field Trip:
Our weekly field trip will be held on Thursdays and will consist of a BART ride into beautiful San Francisco! Our coaches will help the riders decide whether to schlep their bikes on BART or leave the bikes behind and take to the Embarcadero on foot enjoying an nice walk around the Ferry Building and a fun playground at the Embarcadero Center. We’ll load at the Pleasant Hill BART station (a short distance from basecamp) and ride into the Embarcadero Station. We’ll have the opportunity to walk/ride along the waterfront and the group will choose their destination: sightseeing at Pier 39, perhaps a magic show, we can even head south and slide down the Coke bottle at AT&T Park! Perhaps a stop at the Ferry Building to enjoy some samples of good food from local farmers! If you’d like, we will allow your child to bring $5 for them to purchase some fruit at the farmers market to be eaten with lunch or play vintage video games at Musée Mécanique.
|Adventure Riding Camp||Extended Hours|
|Early Bird Price: $399 (Register before 3/1)
Full week: $450
|Full week: $45
Single day: $10/day
- Register for 2 or more weeks (weeks need not be consecutive): 10% discount
- Sibling enrolled during the same week: 10% discount.
- Limited reduced price registration / financial assistance may be available. Please contact us for details.
Transfers & Changes
Changing weeks after you’ve registered is possible if space is available. Changing to a week that’s full will result in your name being placed on the wait list in the order it was received – if space does not open in this case, no refund or credit will be provided. After July 1, changes to open weeks will be assessed a transfer fee of $40, payable before transfer is confirmed.
Friends & Siblings
We will try to accommodate friends or siblings who wish to ride together. However, for safety’s sake we need to make sure everyone is riding in the best group for their ability or that more advanced riders know that they won’t be riding to their full potential if they want to stay with a friend or sibling who’s a less skilled rider. If you’re registering along with a friend for the same week(s) and wish to ride together, please let us know.
If your desired week(s) fills prior to your registration please proceed with the ActivityHero registration process; once you’ve filled in the information you’ll be added to the wait list. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We don’t know if openings will become available. However, if a space opens we will begin contacting wait list families immediately, in order of registration. If you decline or respond after 24 hours of notification you will be removed from the wait list for that particular week.
Enrollment & Attendance
We ask that every effort be made to have your child attend on the first day of the week when we review rules, get acquainted, and assess the skill level of all our riders.
We cannot make exceptions to our age limits.