SPRING BREAK CAMPS
Learn to ride with Two Wheelers Club!
27 – 31 March 2017 (SFUSD Spring Break)
10 – 14 April 2017 (Private schools Spring Break)
TWO WHEELERS CLUB
For kids 5 – 8 (must be in or above K in 2016-17 school year) who wish to learn to ride or improve on their fundamentals. The emphasis of TWC is obtaining the balance and coordination needed to ride on two wheels, and to master starting, stopping, and controlled forward movement. But, it’s not bootcamp on wheels. TWC riders have plenty of off-bike fun. And, by the end of the week they’re often ready to take a bike ride around the neighborhood.
TWC is for Novice and Beginner riders only.
The framework for a typical day is:
- 8:30 to 9:00: Arrival and check-in.
- 9:00 to 9:30: Circle time – “ice breaker” games to make sure everyone’s comfortable and ready to get started.
- 9:30 – 12:00: Each day’s bicycling activities begin with a bike and helmet check. The rest of the morning is spent in 30 to 45 minute skills training sessions, with snack, restroom and play breaks between each session.
- 12:00 to 1:00: Lunchtime and playground play.
- 1:00 – 3:30: During the afternoon we’ll usually leave the clubhouse area for an adventure in the neighborhood. There are many things to discover nearby, including other area parks, nature trails in the Presidio, or even destinations accessible with a quick Muni ride. There’s also the possibility of learning more about bikes inside the clubhouse, from mechanical features to maintenance to even a little bit of mathematics.
- 3:30 – 4:00: Story and play time. Each day ends with a quiet period devoted to reading a bike-themed story with the group and discussing what was learned during the day. The remaining time is devoted to free play until pick-up.
- 4:00: Pick-up.
- 4:00 – 5:30: Extended Hours. This is an opportunity to practice riding skills, play games, read, or work on bikes with the coaches.
TWC is for kids 5 – 8 (must be in or above K in 2016-17 school year) who don’t yet know how to ride: Novice to Beginner level. If you’re not sure of your child’s skill level please contact us so we can be sure she/he is properly registered.
Extended Camp: $45/week; $10/day
10% sibling discount. Applied to sibling(s) of first registered child.
Friends & Siblings
If your child is registering along with a friend or sibling and they wish to ride together, please indicate this in the registration form.
If camp fills prior to your registration please proceed with the ActivityHero registration process; once you’ve filled in the basic information you’ll be added to the wait list. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We don’t know if openings will become available. However, if a space opens we will contact wait list families immediately, in order of registration. If you decline or respond after 24 hours of notification you will be removed from the wait list for that particular week.
Enrollment & Attendance
We ask that every effort be made to have your child attend on Monday when we review rules, get acquainted, and assess the skill level of all our riders.
We cannot make exceptions to our age limits.
- Sign up for the lunch option when you register for camp.
- Week-long option only; day-at-a-time option not available.
- Cost: $40/week.
- We still recommend including a few snacks in your kid’s backpack. No camp eats like Wheel Kids!