Adventure Riding Camp
Winter Camp Week 1: December 18 – 22
Winter Camp Week 2: December 26 – 29
Winter Camp Week 3: January 2 – 5
These Holiday Camps are for Advanced Beginner and Intermediate riders; opportunities for Advanced riders may be limited. Grades 1 – 6 (must be in or above 1st grade in 2017-18 school year). Riders engage in a variety of bicycle-based activities – daily bike rides, riding skills instruction, bike maintenance, on- and off-street safety skills, share-the-road etiquette, wayfinding, and lots of having fun and messing around on their bikes. Winter Camp Week 3 features an out-of-town field trip. Enrollment limited.
Hours are 8:30 to 4:00 daily, afternoon extended hours available from 4:00 to 5:30.
Three weeks of Winter Break camp available. Week 1 is a full week (5 days), weeks 2 and 3 are four-day camps starting on Tuesday. Each week offers different riding destinations and activities based on enrollment, group make-up, and weather. We will provide a Half Moon Bay field trip on 4 January.
- Where Our Richmond Playground clubhouse. Drop-off & pick-up on 19th Ave. between California and Lake.
- These camps are best for Advanced Beginner and Intermediate riders*; Advanced riders are welcome but may not experience rides meeting their skill or challenge level.
- For the 18 and 26 Dec. camps we highly recommend only Advanced Beginner and low Intermediate riders.
- Grades 1 – 6 (2017-18 school year).
- Hours 8:30 – 4:00 daily. Afternoon extended camp to 5:30 available.
- Week 1: $450
- Week 2: $415
- Week 3: $415 + $25 field trip transportation fee
- Sibling discount available at registration
- Afternoon extended camp: Week 1 $50/week, $12/day; Week 2 & 3 $40/week, $12/day
- Registration Scroll down, please.
- Lunch option Purchase an optional Angelina’s Deli-Cafe sack lunch (sandwich, fruit, chips) when registering. Lunches will be delivered to our clubhouse each morning. $40/week. Week 1 only.
- Weather In case of rain we’ll proceed with camp but may head out on foot or curtail our riding activities. Please watch the forecast and have your child dress appropriately.
- Cancellations/Refunds Please see our policy.
* Riders will be grouped by skill level and age. Weeks 1 & 2 will feature one rider group consisting of all participating skill levels and ages. Week 3 will have two groups maximum, depending on enrollment. Daily destinations and challenges will be determined based on skill and age ranges.
Friends & Siblings
If your child is registering along with a friend or sibling and they wish to ride together, please indicate this in the registration form.
If camp fills prior to your registration please proceed with the ActivityHero registration process; once you’ve filled in the basic information you’ll be added to the wait list. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We don’t know if openings will become available. However, if a space opens we’ll contact wait list families immediately, in order of registration. If you decline or respond after 24 hours of notification you will be removed from the wait list for that particular week.
Enrollment & Attendance
We ask that every effort be made to have your child attend on the first day of the camp week when we review rules, get acquainted, and assess the skill level of all our riders.
We cannot make exceptions to our grade/age limits.