2017 SUMMER SCHEDULE
Thank you to all of our participating families this past summer. We will return in summer 2018 – until then, enjoy fun, safe cycling!
What is Adventure Riding Camp
Adventure Riding Camp is for independent riders age 6 to 9. ARC kids are exposed to a variety of bicycle-based activities – daily bike rides, riding skills instruction, bike maintenance, on- and off-street safety skills, share-the-road etiquette, wayfinding, and lots of having fun and messing around on their bikes – we even get to visit the pool on campus at Los Gatos High School each afternoon to cool off! Every day at ARC is like a field trip to somewhere. We’re always on the go, exploring, learning, and having fun. ARC is for Advanced Beginner riders and above. For our learn-to-ride camp, check out Two Wheelers Club.
- 8:30 to 9:00: Arrival and check-in
- 9:00 to 9:30: Bike and helmet check; review the day’s activities
- 9:30: BikeCircus, ride to a nearby destination, enrichment program, or first leg of full-day ride. On Mondays we review the Club Rules for safe riding and good camp behavior. Snack stop in late morning.
- 12:00 to 1:15: Lunch
The afternoon may feature another ride to a nearby destination, a continuation of the morning’s ride or activities, and the opportunity to cool off in the pool on campus each afternoon. On Fridays we make sure we have plenty of time for a bike clean-up to wrap up the week.
- 3:30: Return to clubhouse
- 4:00: Pick-up
- 4:00 – 5:30: Extended Hours. Activities may include short rides, riding skills development, games, reading, or working on bikes.
Local attractions will include:
- Daily excursions along the Los Gatos Creek trail system, with upstream and downstream excursions as far as we can go.
- Vasona Lake County Park for fun trail riding, off-bike kickball and soccer, a bit of playground time, and maybe even a train ride now and then.
- Visits to the NUMU in civic center.
- Hikes in the hills above Lexington Reservoir. Sometimes we lock up the bikes and go off on foot…
- More destinations and events to be added. Possible out-of-town field trips in preliminary planning. Contact us for more info, or check this site periodically after you’ve registered.
- Each week will vary, but throughout the summer we’ll have visitors coming by to talk to us about their expertise. Bike police, members of bike teams, bike mechanics, etc.
* Schedule and events are subject to change. Minimum registration of 8 participants per week is required. Registered participants will be notified of cancellation due to insufficient registrations; a full refund will be provided. See Refunds page for refund policy for all other circumstances. A waitlist will be available once registration is full.
|Adventure Riding Camp||Extended Hours|
|Standard week: $450
Holiday weeks: $415
|Standard week: $45
Holiday weeks: $36
Single day: $10/day
Discounts & Financial Aid
- Register for 3 or more weeks (weeks need not be consecutive): 10% discount
- Sibling enrolled during the same week: 10% discount.
- Limited reduced price registration / financial assistance may be available. Please contact us for details.
Transfers & Changes
Changing weeks after you’ve registered is possible if space is available. Changing to a week that’s full will result in your name being placed on the wait list in the order it was received – if space does not open in this case, no refund or credit will be provided. After May 1, changes to open weeks will be assessed a transfer fee of $40, payable before transfer is confirmed.
Friends & Siblings
We will try to accommodate friends or siblings who wish to ride together. However, for safety’s sake we need to make sure everyone is riding in the best group for their ability or that more advanced riders know that they won’t be riding to their full potential if they want to stay with a friend or sibling who’s a less skilled rider. If you’re registering along with a friend for the same week(s) and wish to ride together, please let us know.
If your desired week(s) fills prior to your registration please proceed with the ActivityHero registration process; once you’ve filled in the information you’ll be added to the wait list. Open spaces will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. We don’t know if openings will become available. However, if a space opens we will begin contacting wait list families immediately, in order of registration. If you decline or respond after 24 hours of notification you will be removed from the wait list for that particular week.
Enrollment & Attendance
We ask that every effort be made to have your child attend on the first day of the week when we review rules, get acquainted, and assess the skill level of all our riders.
We cannot make exceptions to our age limits.
BEFORE YOU REGISTER:
- Do you have the right camp? Kids 5 – 8 who can’t ride or aren’t confident: Two Wheelers Club.
Kids 6 and up who can ride: Adventure Riding Camp.
Not sure: see our rider skills categories.